Get a response to your price quote request within 1 hour
* we guarantee our answer within an hour on working days during working hours from 9:00 to 17:00
Despite increase in the volume of transportation, the share of transport performed by Latvian road carriers makes up 71% of the total volume of road transportation between the two countries and significantly exceeds the volume of transportation performed by Russian carriers between the two countries (21%). Russian road hauliers use a significant part of Latvia permits to carry out transit cargo transportation.
Russia, officially the Russian Federation, is a country in Eastern Europe and North Asia. It covers an area of 17,075,400 km2 and is the largest country in the world. Russia is the ninth largest country in the world in terms of population. Russia borders Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, North Korea and China. It is also relatively close to the United States, Sweden and Japan. Russia is distinguished from these countries by relatively narrow waters, the Bering Strait from the USA, the Baltic Sea from Sweden and the Laperuz Strait from Japan.
Attention: import and export restrictions due to sanctions
In view of the current geopolitical situation, it is necessary to comply with various restrictions on goods which may be transported to and from Russia.
When referring to the information published on the Official website of the European Union (https://eu-solidarity-ukraine.ec.europa.eu/eu-sanctions-against-russia-following-invasion-ukraine_lv#white Russia), the following restrictions should be taken into account:
- it is prohibited to import all types of finished and semi-processed steel products into the European Union;
- it is prohibited to export luxury goods from the EU, thereby directly affecting the Russian elite;
- There is also a ban on imports of goods such as cement, rubber products, wood, liqueurs and other spirits, expensive seafood;
- targeted export bans of €10 billion in areas where Russia will suffer significant losses due to Russia's high dependency on EU supplies. These areas include, among other things, quantification, advanced semiconductors, sensitive mechanical and transport equipment, and chemicals. The bans also apply to specialised catalysts used in oil processing. This will further undermine Russia's technological base and industrial capacity;
- fuel and fuel additives for jet engines, which can be used by the Russian army, have also been added to the existing export ban;
- it is prohibited to purchase, import or transfer gold directly or indirectly if it originates in Russia;
- It is also prohibited to export simple technologies used by military personnel, such as toy/non-military applications, complex electricity generation equipment, laptops, cameras and lenses, radio navigation equipment and apparatus for voice, image or data transmission or reception.
For more detailed information on freight transport to and from Russia, contact our logistics managers.
Contact us - we will offer a competitive price just for your situation!
Export cargo transportation to Russia from Latvia
Vervo LLC has widely developed regular road, sea, rail and avio cargo transport between Latvia and Russia.
Import cargo transportation from Russia to Latvia
Cargo terminals of Vervo LLC cooperation partners are located in the cities of Russia, where cargo deliveries and cargo collection from anywhere in Russia is organized.
Vervo team consists of experienced and professional specialists who skillfully and efficiently help you to choose the best solution for
cargo transportation to and from Russia.