Not all people involved in the cargo transportation process are transport and logistics professionals, so we have prepared a little insight into the main issues that should be addressed if there is a need to send or receive cargo.
E-MAGAZINE | LOGISTICS ABC
In our business each of us focuses on development our own products or services. This means that the related processes must be entrusted to professionals who will provide high quality transport services so that your product reaches the buyer according to your plans. Nevertheless, you need to know the basic principles of cargo transport logistics, which you can learn in this, prepared by us, guide in logistics!
PLANNING OF TRANSPORTATION
See if you can answer all of the questions below
- Do you know the exact addresses with postal codes of the places where to load and unload the goods?
- What is the expected volume, dimensions and specifics of cargo? (ADR, temperature regime, oversized cargo)
- Is additional loading equipment required and how these goods will be loaded on the truck trailer? (from the top, side or rear)
- Do you require additional insurance if valuable cargo is transported?
- What are the access options at the place of loading and unloading. Can a truck drive in?
- When should the goods be delivered?
- What mode of transport will be used? (air, sea, rail, road)
- Will you arrange the transport yourself or entrust it to a transport company?
Remember that when transporting goods, the responsibility for cargo is shared between carrier and consignor
- The cargo must be packed in packaging that corresponds specifics of the product. As goods often travel several thousand kilometers and are often handled in warehouses or terminals, they must be well packed.
- Cargo can be packed in boxes. A separate box can be secured with corners and wrapped with film. If there are several boxes, they must be secured on a pallet of appropriate size so that they do not get lost during transportation and are well tied together.
- The boxes must be marked - in case there is a fragile items, or there must be arrows indicating how the load must be held correctly upright.
- The size of a pallet must be chosen according to the size of load so that it does not "go over" the pallet.
- When transporting windows, they are usually placed on a pallet and for additional security they are fixed by a wooden frame or structure. The second solution is to put them on the so-called A frame and wrap them in film.
PREPARATION OF DOCUMENTS
Punctuality is one of the most important conditions to avoid unforeseen costs.
- Correctly filled in import or export declaration
- If you are transporting goods to and from countries outside the EU, you will need to undergo customs procedures
- Permits are required for the transport of bulky or heavy goods, dangerous goods (ADR) or excise goods
- Do you want to insure your cargo in addition to CMR insurance?
LOADING OF CARGO
Be prepared to organize this process, as it is your responsibility
- Contact the consignor (make sure the cargo is ready, specify the type of loading)
- Make sure that the amount of cargo to be loaded matches documents
- Cargo securing
- CMR signing
Make sure the consignee is ready to accept the cargo
- Appropriate unloading equipment. Is it possible to deliver goods with a large tent trailer? - specify the unloading area
- Working hours at the place of unloading (when the cargo can be unloaded)
- Contact person at the place of unloading - who will inspect the cargo
- Who will sign the documents (signing of documents is performed only after inspection and unloading of the cargo)
- If deficiencies are found, mark them in the CMR and make sure you keep one copy of CMR
- The place of unloading and storage must correspond to the specifics of cargo, for example, if the cargo is delivered with a temperature regime, then the appropriate temperature must also be provided at the place of unloading.
WHY CHOOSE Vervo LLC?
Top quality customer service, individual approach to each customer and compliance with all customer wishes and needs, including:
- We will plan the route of cargo transportation;
- Your cargo is insured in accordance with CMR regulations, and logistics specialists will assess the need for additional insurance;
- We will prepare appropriate documentation for your cargo;
- We will choose the most appropriate type of cargo transportation and necessary technical units;
- If necessary, we will provide cargo loading and unloading services;
- If necessary, we will also provide warehouse logistics, including marking and delivery of goods to the addresses specified by the customer.
- Full range of transport and logistics services - You can focus 100% on the development of your business entrusting us with all issues from A to Z regarding cargo and warehouse logistics.
Always ready to go an extra mile